Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The connection to the host 172.16.7.42, named instance MSSQLSERVER has failed. Error: "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out". Verify the server and instance names, check that no firewall is block
m***@gmail.com
2016-08-05 14:41:17 UTC
Attempting to connect to MSSql and keep getting this error.
Erland Sommarskog
2016-08-05 19:26:11 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Attempting to connect to MSSql and keep getting this error.
Did you read the error message? Did you conduct the troubleshooting
suggested in the error message?

I don't work with Java, so I have not seen this error before, but it
seems to be a generic message when the client cannot reach SQL Server.
Which we may help you to troubleshoot - if you give us information why
you expect this to work in the first place.

In the meanwhile, here is article that can help you to troubleshoot
this problem.
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, ***@sommarskog.se
j***@gmail.com
2017-02-09 02:54:28 UTC